Our institute is guided by an Advisory Council as well as Management & Scientific Committees consisting representatives from our foundation partners and other advisors.
The Advisory Committee oversees the Institute and provides guidance to the Director of AIMSS. It meets at such times as are necessary for it to discharge its functions properly (and at a minimum every six (6) months.
The Advisory Committee communicates the opportunities for collaboration, exchanges information and assures the financial stability and sustainability of the Institute.
The Advisory Committee comprises of 2 representative from each one of the Founding Organisations.
Current members of the AIMSS Advisory Committee are:
- Mr Russell Harrison, WH (Chair)
- Prof Alicia Spittle (UoM)
- Prof. John Prins, UoM
- Dr Paul Eleftheriou, WH
- Prof Alex Parker , VU
- Prof Stephen Gray (VU)
- Prof. Gustavo Duque, Director AIMSS (without vote)
- Prof. Alan Hayes, Deputy Director AIMSS (without vote)
The Management Committee meets monthly and is in charge of delivering the Strategic Plan of the Institute and conducting the sustainability plan.
All financial decisions regarding the Institute are made at the Management Committee and reported to the Advisory Council.
The Management Committee approves grants and scholarships and aims to the growth and development of the facilities and clinical/research services.
- Prof. Gustavo Duque, Director
- Prof. Alan Hayes, Deputy Director
- Wasantha Perera, AIMSS Business Development Manager
- Petra Marusic, Clinical Research Manager
- Cathy Said, Program Director Allied Health Professionals
- Shane Thomas, Community Representative
- Jack Feehan, Member-In-Training Representative
This is an external Committee that evaluates grants and scholarships applications and suggests to the Management Committee those highly ranked candidates that could receive funding.
- Prof. Gustavo Duque, Chair (no vote)
- Prof. Alan Hayes, Deputy Chair (no vote)
- Prof. Kim Bennell
- Prof. Rebecca Lane
- Prof. Mathis Grossman
- Dr René Koopman
Our core facilities and services are overseen by a number of institute staff.
Make an enquiry
General enquiries can be made by contacting the institute through our online enquiry form.