As a graduate student or medical student/trainee, you can gain valuable research experience as a Member-in-Training and learn from world leaders in musculoskeletal disease research.
As a Member-in-Training (MiT), you will have access to all member benefits and undertake research under the supervision of a Program or Project or Director.
To become a Member in training, you will need to be:
- an Honours student
- part of the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP)
- Undertaking a PhD or Masters students with the University of Melbourne and Victoria University
- A clinical trainee from Western Health
- A medical resident or advanced trainee belonging to one of our clinical affiliated units (geriatrics, rheumatology, orthopaedics, endocrinology, rehab
- a MD Research Project (MDRP) student – offered to 3rd and 4th year Doctor of Medicine (MD) students at the University of Melbourne
- a postdoctoral fellow;
- an international visiting fellow (with the exception of visiting Professors)
- a student from an allied health/nursing profession performing research in the area of musculoskeletal science.
As an AIMSS member, your research interests must be aligned with and support those of the institute. You will need to be:
- research active; able to contribute to the research profile of the Institute
- employed by, or a student of the partner organisations forming AIMSS.
The Member-in-Training should be nominated by their Supervisor and should be based at AIMSS or at one of Western Health affiliated Hospitals.
As a member you will need to be required to:
- Meet agreed quality and performance measures
- Attract research funds, publish and present in key national and international forums
- Form partnerships with national and international academic, clinical and industrial partners
- Be in regular communication with your Program or Project Director
As an AIMSS member you are required to be located on-site at the AIMSS institute for some time-fraction.
As an AIMSS member you will be expected to:
- Demonstrate commitment to the development of the institute
- Contribute to achieving the research goals of the institute
- Develop new funding opportunities through collaboration and expansion
- Expected to contribute to an annual research report
- Promote the Institute, attend official functions and meetings representing AIMSS
- Serve as a research leader tasked with leading, supporting and monitoring performance in a specific area of research
- Acknowledge co-affiliation with AIMSS in all research publications, presentations, poster sessions etc. This includes all research that is aligned with AIMSS or performed at AIMSS
- Participate in strategic planning initiatives
Apply to be a Member in Training
To apply to a Member-in-Training Membership, the Member’s training program is expected to last at least 6 months. The Member-in-Training is nominated by his/her Supervisor and is based at AIMSS or at one of Western Health affiliated Hospitals
To apply to become a Member in Training with AIMSS you will need to prepare and send the following:
- A completed Member in Training Application Form
- Your Curriculum Vitae
- A recent photo
AIMSS Member-in-Training Application Form
Download – docx, 132.09 KB
Applications need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org