Apply for an AIMSS Scholarship or find additional scholarship opportunities to support research while at AIMSS.
AIMSS Scholarship in Musculoskeletal Health
The duration of the scholarship is up to 3 years. It provides a fortnightly allowance of approximately $30,000 per year. Applicants must be Australian citizens and must have obtained an Australian Bachelor’s Degree with Honours (or equivalent qualification) in a relevant area of study including science, medicine or health related field within the last five years.
The scholarship is for three years. Any additional time taken to complete the PhD will not be paid.
The value of the scholarship is $30,000 per annum.
To be a eligible for a scholarship you must:
- have obtained an Australian Bachelor’s Degree with Honours (or equivalent qualification) in a relevant area of study including science, medicine or health related field within the last five years. This period of time includes career breaks and working in other fields or abroad; or
- Newly admitted only into a research higher degree course in the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences (FMDHS) University of Melbourne or at the Health and Biosciences program at Victoria University
You also must
- be an Australian citizen or have permanent residency status
- have engaged (and confirmed) a project supervisor who must be a Program Director at AIMSS (basic, clinical, translational, or society researcher). The proposed Supervisor must have a valid Supervisor certification from the University of Melbourne
Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of citizenship or residency status within the funding agreement.
Those currently in receipt of other nationally competitive grants that include salary support are not eligible.
At least 85% of the research activities must be performed at AIMSS and/or Western Health-affiliated Hospitals (Footscray, Sunshine and Williamstown).
Applications for the 2020 scholarship are currently closed. Applications for 2021 will be open soon.
How to apply
- Apply for and accept a place in a higher degree by research course
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application package
- Submit your application including all referees and documentation requested by the application date
Additional scholarships may be available to support your research. Take a look the graduate research scholarships available from our foundation partners.
- Graduate Research Scholarships (The University of Melbourne)
- Graduate Research Scholarships (Victoria University)
Additional scholarship opportunities
Any additional scholarship opportunities will be posted to the page. There are currently no additional opportunities to display.