Are you a researcher interested in musculoskeletal conditions? You could join our team at AIMSS! As an AIMSS Member you will have access to our facilities, equipment, networks, services and support.
AIMSS memberships are a mutually beneficial association designed to strengthen your capacity as a researcher and further our high quality multi-disciplinary and translational research on musculoskeletal diseases.
Find out more about our membership types, expectations and eligibility and how to apply.
Benefits & opportunities
AIMSS provides an innovative and collaborative environment for clinicians and researchers to translate basic research into direct health outcomes and develop new strategies for promoting musculoskeletal health and interventions to musculoskeletal disease.
Collaborate & establish networks
Members are invited to attend and participate in AIMSS seminars, meetings, workshops and working groups to keep abreast of AIMSS research.
Access to our resources
Our unique location at the Western Centre for Health Research & Education (WCHRE) based at Sunshine Hospital means you will have access to:
- Our office spaces
- Laboratory space
- Conduct clinical trials using our Clinical Trial Rooms, professional staff and patient focused services
- Specialised facilities and instrumentation
- WCHRE Meeting & Seminar Rooms and the Auditorium
- WCHRE and AIMSS facilities, equipment & instrumentation
- Limited access to facilities at each partner organisation (negotiated on case-by-case basis)
- Our Members Hub (coming soon) – an online resource for collaboration, promotional material, communal activities, seminar series, conference planning etc.)
Apply for financial support
You will be eligible to apply for:
- Seed Grants
- Financial support for research activities through the AIMSS strategic fund
- AIMSS scholarships (for RHD students)
- Travel grants and other activities that promote AIMSS
- Access to new research funding through joint grant applications
Sponsor or co-fund research
Discovering opportunities to collaborate by sponsor/co-fund:
- new collaborative research activities with AIMSS
- and co-supervise student scholarships for collaborative research between AIMSS and the affiliate organisation
Through access to our membership and external network, you can seek:
- access to cross-discipline support and review
- support for career development
- opportunities to collaborate