AIMSS Research Seed Funding
Seed Funding Program
The 2016 round of AIMSS seed funding will support projects generating pilot data for external research grant applications.
Applications will be assessed based on the following:
- Represent multi-disciplinary research in musculoskeletal health and disease
- Develop collaborative links between clinicians and researchers
- Improve patient outcomes
- Raise the profile of AIMSS
- Generate pilot data that could attract funding from competitive grants
- Be achievable given the milestones and budget
The seed funding will be awarded to research projects that meet these aims and will:
- Increase research funding from competitive grants
- Improve research output and impact for AIMSS researchers
- The lead applicant must be based at AIMSS or at one of WH-affiliated Hospitals
- Only members of AIMSS are allowed to apply
- The project should involve participation of at least two members of AIMSS (Program and Project Directors and In-Training Members) affiliated with one or more of the AIMSS partners (Western Health, The University of Melbourne and Victoria University)
- The application must represent a project that has not been funded previously.
Please request an application form from m [dot] heckle [at] unimelb [dot] edu [dot] au
The application round is open until Friday 30th September 2016; please ensure that the application form and all supporting documentation are forwarded to AIMSS (m [dot] heckle [at] unimelb [dot] edu [dot] au) prior to 5pm.
The successful applications will be selected by the AIMSS-Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) and presented to the AIMSS Director for endorsement.
Payment of Seed Funds
If your application is successful, AIMSS will create a local account for your project. If the experiments and/or recruitment for trials have not started by March 2017, the account will be closed and the allocated funding cancelled.
Successful applications will be announced at the 2016 AIMSS Symposium on October 24th.
The successful applicants will be expected to:
- Provide a progress update at the AIMSS Seminars and/or research day 2016, and upon completion of the project.
- Acknowledge AIMSS in any publications, posters and presentations that result from this funding.
- Assist with a project synopsis for the AIMSS website, research reports, etc.